Thursday, March 10, 2011

Gingerbread Men

My lovely friend Gabby brought some gingerbread men to school yesterday and offered me one in Maths. It was delicious, so I asked her for the recipe. This morning I recieved it and I couldn't wait to make the lovely gingerbread men. It was so much fun to make, and as a little cheffie, I did not find it difficult.
I shall have to share the recipe, so all my darling followers can make some little pieces of Heaven.

Gingerbread Men

Makes approx. 30
 Ingredients:
Two and a half cups of Plain Flour
Half a cup of Brown Sugar
2-3 teaspoons of ground ginger (I didn't have any, so I used fresh ginger, approx. the size of half your thumb blended with water so it is like a pulp)
1 Teaspoon of bicarb soda
Hundred and twenty five grams of butter
Two thirds of a cup of golden syrup
FOR ICING (OPTIONAL)
Half a cup of Icing sugar
Two teaspoons of hot water
Smarties (to decorate)

Method:
1.Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Sift flour and ginger into a bowl.
3. Add brown sugar and bicarb soda and mix
4. Chop butter and heat with golden syrup in microwave or on stove top until melted.
5. Add buttwe and syrup to dry ingredients until combined. (A spoon is good but hands are better!)
6. Lightly sprinkle flour over a bench top to prevent sticking.
7. Place half of biscuit mixture onto bench and flatten it with a rolling pin until about half a centimetre thick.
8. Cut out the biscuit mixture with a cookie cutter (Ididn't have a man so I used a small snowman instead) and place on tray.
9. Repeat steps 7&8 until all the mixture has been cut out.
10. Cook for 8-10 minutes ir until golden brown, and allow to cool on a rack.
11. Combine icing sugar and water to make the icing.
12. Decorate biscuits with icing and smarties as desired. (eyes and buttons are cutest!)
13. Eat before your friends come and steal them all because they are incredibly fabulous!






Another Thankyou to Gabby, because these are really the best of the best!
Ta ta my sweet followers and have fun eating these!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, comments make me smile :)